Catherine Victorino J.D.
Catherine Victorino has been living in the Northwest since 1973 and feels a close connection with the region and its communities. She attended University of Washington School of Law to complete her Juris Doctor in 1992. One year later, she began to practice family law in Seattle but took an extended hiatus to start and raise a family with her husband in Chicago.
When she was ready to return to her full-time career, she came back to the Northwest. It was not long for her to find employment for two major brokerage firms, acting as a key advisor. However, her true passion is family law, and so she returned her attention once again to family law and divorce cases. As part of O’Brian & Associates in Redmond, she is our go-to for any case with complicated financial aspects of divorce and hotly-contested child custody and parenting plans.
Attorney Victorino approached family law cases with compassion and responsiveness. When her clients are faced with an emotionally-charged time, she acts as both their foundation to stand upon and moral support. She often encourages the use of alternatives to traditional divorce procedures and services, including full-service to “unbundled” legal services, arbitration, and mediation. When it comes down to the line, though, she is not afraid to engage in aggressive litigation for our clients.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Marital dissolutions and legal separations
- Division of complex assets, such as homes, businesses, retirement and pension plans, etc.
- “Committed intimate partnership” determinations
- Distribution of debt
- Child custody disputes
- Modifications to parenting plans and child support
University of Washington School of Law, Seattle, Washington
- J.D. – 1992
University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
- B.S. – 1981
- Biology and Chemistry
- Washington, 1993
Professional Associations & Memberships
- King County Bar Association
- Filipino Lawyers of Washington Foundation, Treasurer
- Filipino Lawyers of Washington Bar Association, former Director and Member
Speaking Engagements & CLE Presentations
- “Reunification Therapy and Other Responses to Child Alienation: An Overview and Tips on Drafting Parenting Plans”, CLE presentation, October 20th, 2016, McKinley Irvin