Kara is an associate attorney at O’Brian and Associates. Prior to entering the legal profession, Kara graduated from the Jackson School of International Studies at the University of Washington and the University of Colorado Law School. While in law school, Kara was a member of the University of Colorado’s International Moot Court team, a student attorney with the University of Colorado Criminal and Immigration Defense Clinic, and a law clerk at an immigration law firm in Denver. Kara’s love for the Pacific Northwest brought her back to the Seattle area graduation.
Kara is committed to working with clients to resolve their cases efficiently and effectively. Kara’s experience in immigration law gives her a unique perspective when approaching family law cases. She understands each case is unique and requires great attention to detail. She is passionate about ensuring her client’s voices are heard at every stage in their case and in arming her clients with the information they need to make informed decisions. Kara’s hope is to make it easier for her clients to navigate the challenging and often emotional situations they are in.
When Kara is not working, she enjoys spending her time kayaking, biking, and snowboarding in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.
Areas of Practice
- Parenting Plan Modification
- Non-Parental Custody/De Facto Parentage
- Domestic Violence Protection Order
- University of Colorado Law School
- J.D. 2020
- International Moot Court Participant
- Student Attorney- University of Colorado Law School Immigration Defense Clinic
- University of Washington
- B.A. International Studies
- Deans List
Professional Associations, Memberships, and Pro Bono Service
- King County Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- Volunteer- Open Door Legal Clinic in Seattle, WA