O'Brian & Associates is dedicated to the practice of family law. We believe there is no higher calling than guiding individuals and families through these highly complex and personal matters. We tailor our approach to your situation to make the process less stressful and the result more favorable.
Susan Millican O'Brian has focused on Washington divorce and family law since 1986, and has assembled a talented team of attorneys. We serve clients in Eastside communities and throughout the Seattle area.
- We handle divorce or separation, from spousal maintenance and protective orders to property division.
- We protect the interests of mothers, fathers and their children in custody and parenting matters and child support.
- We are geared for high net worth divorces, including separate property, business valuations, identifying hidden assets and other challenging factors.
Open To Cooperation, Or Headed For Court?
Some couples are committed to a fair and practical divorce settlement and a healthy co-parenting relationship. With solid legal guidance, they are willing and able to put their differences aside to work toward productive agreements.
Sometimes spouses can only agree to disagree, or worry that their parental rights or rightful share of the assets are in jeopardy. They want a strong advocate in the event these complicated and emotionally charged conflicts must be settled in a courtroom.
O'Brian & Associates is prepared for whichever path your divorce, custody, paternity or child support case takes:
- We are regarded as formidable trial lawyers in divorce litigation, contested custody, contested child support, paternity cases and post-decree disputes. We fight for clients and position them for the most advantageous outcome to difficult issues.
- We encourage a cooperative approach that capitalizes on common ground to defuse conflicts, reduce costs and move forward. Members of our team are trained in the delicate art of amicable divorce and resolution of other actions.