Skip to Content
Call Us Today! 425-276-7677
Grandparents' Rights & Third Party Custody Exclusively Focused on Family Law

Can a Grandparent or Third Party Seek Custody of a Child?

Navigating Grandparents' Rights in Washington

If you are a grandparent or other third party who is concerned about the safety and welfare of a child after a divorce, our law firm can help you address the situation effectively.

Third-party custody is a highly complex area of Washington law, and the law is not skewed in favor of grandparents. However, in certain situations, a grandparent or other party may be able to prove that obtaining custody is in the child's best interests.

At Alpine Family Law, we can help you take appropriate action. Give us a call today about your specific situation. Based in Redmond, we serve clients on the Eastside and throughout the Seattle area.

Contact our Redmond team for Grandparents' Custody Support!

Washington laws are very strict regarding grandparents' rights. Essentially, grandparents do not have visitation rights. However, if the child or children are in a detrimental situation, grandparents can step in to obtain temporary or permanent custody.

Our firm has been helping grandparents since 1986. We understand the uphill battle grandparents face and the methods that are available to prove that it would be best to remove their grandchildren from dangerous environments.

If you are a grandparent, and if your grandchild is living in a home environment where drugs, alcohol abuse, child abuse, neglect or prostitution is present or where the parent is unfit, it may be possible to obtain custody of your grandchild. Our law firm can effectively advocate for your rights and the best interests of your grandchildren.

We can talk to you about your options and let you know if we think you have a strong potential to be successful in obtaining temporary or permanent custody.

Contact A Lawyer Experienced In Custody Cases

If you are a grandparent or other third party who has concerns about the safety and welfare of a child, talk to an attorney from Alpine Family Law.

Reach out to us at (425) 276-7677 or via email for immediate assistance.

Contact Alpine Family Law Today!

A member of our team will be in touch shortly to confirm your contact details or address questions you may have.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy