Child Support Enforcement in Washington
When a parent fails to pay court-ordered child support, it creates frustration and financial hardships for the recipient parent that in turn hurt the child. However, issuing threats or interfering with parenting time can backfire. Rather than taking matters into your own hands, you should contact an experienced family law attorney.
The law firm of Alpine Family law formerly O'Brian & Associates handles determination, modification and enforcement of child support. Our lawyers can help you recover past-due support and hold the parent accountable within the legal process. We have represented mothers and fathers in the family courts of King County, Snohomish County and the Greater Seattle area since 1986.
Enforcing Child Support In Washington State
- We can swiftly and surely assert your rights regarding any child support dispute:
- Failure/refusal to pay support
- Late or partial payments on a chronic basis
- Stipulations on receiving support
- Intentional unemployment/underemployment
- Collection of back child support
- Modification of child support
- Petition to terminate child support
Is the parent being spiteful or manipulative, or does the parent lack the ability to pay? Depending on the reason, we will negotiate with the parent and his or her attorney or pursue your legal remedies.
We can enforce child support orders through garnishment of wages, garnishment of tax returns, levies against bank accounts and other means. We can also pursue a contempt of court action that could result in jail time or other penalties for continued refusal to pay support.
You And Your Child Have Rights
Helpful News & Info
Family Law FAQs