Real Estate Issues in Divorce
This issue of real estate in divorce is often a highly contested issue, especially in this economy and in light of the burst of the real estate housing market bubble. Many people are underwater on their mortgages, and often spouses cannot decide who should be responsible for the debt or how to allocate the proceeds from the sale of a marital home or any investment properties.
At Alpine Family Law, we have extensive experience with property division in divorce actions, specifically in the area of real estate valuation, distribution and division. Give us a call today to schedule an appointment with a lawyer. Based in Redmond, we serve clients on the Eastside and throughout the Greater Seattle area.
Options For Handling Housing In A Divorce
Our attorneys can advise you of your options regarding:
- How to handle a short sale during a divorce
- Avoiding foreclosure by structuring creative solutions such as holding the house as tenants in common
- Achieving equitable distribution by selling the house and dividing the proceeds
- Negotiating for one spouse to take responsibility for the house in exchange for the other spouse receiving other assets as consideration
- Structuring a lien so one spouse makes payments to the other in exchange for retaining possession of a marital home and eventually owning it
- Helping structure agreements where both spouses continue to reside in the same house because their economic situation prevents separate residences
Washington Attorneys Helping You Avoid Foreclosure
Since 1986, we have been thinking outside the box to arrive at solutions that are fair and equitable to all parties involved. We know that there are all types of different legal avenues for dealing with real estate in divorce.
If you have questions about any of these approaches and how they might be used for your current real estate in divorce situation, please do not hesitate to contact our law firm to schedule an appointment.
Helpful News & Info
Family Law FAQs